Chimney liner question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

csierotnik

Dec 10, 2010
Syracuse, NY
I have a chimney that has 2 flues. One is a 9" by 9" and right nect to it is a 9" by 13". My furnace is vented out the 9 by 9 so I ran an insulated 6 inche ss liner down the 9 by 13 flue. I noticed that there was a whole in the back of the 9 by 13 flue like someting was being vented there but I am not sure what it wold be. I am positive the furnace is vented through the other flue. Is it ok to have run the liner down that flue.
Any opinions would be helpful
Thanks
CJ

Also I used two 90 degree stove pipes to connect to the ss liner.
It looks like this i__
l My stove is inserted in my fireplace. Will that be ok?
I apologise, I am a rookie-my first stove and home.
Thanks

Just make sure nothing else is being vented and you should be fine. My first thought was maybe your water heater?

csierotnik said:
I have a chimney that has 2 flues. One is a 9" by 9" and right nect to it is a 9" by 13". My furnace is vented out the 9 by 9 so I ran an insulated 6 inche ss liner down the 9 by 13 flue. I noticed that there was a whole in the back of the 9 by 13 flue like someting was being vented there but I am not sure what it wold be. I am positive the furnace is vented through the other flue. Is it ok to have run the liner down that flue.
Any opinions would be helpful
Thanks
CJ

Also I used two 90 degree stove pipes to connect to the ss liner.
It looks like this i__
l My stove is inserted in my fireplace. Will that be ok?
I apologise, I am a rookie-my first stove and home.
Thanks

You probably ought to post this in "The Hearth Room" forum, which is the proper place for stove discussions. You'll likely get a better response there. The moderator will probably move it there anyway.

I also forgot to mention, you should try to use 45's instead of the 90's. With that being said, between my stove pipe and my liner, I have three different 90 degree bends and have yet to have a draft issue. Then again, I don't have an EPA stove, so that could be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.