Chimney Liner Recommendations Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

19glendale

Feb 1, 2015
Northern Virginia
I just received my Century S244 (same firebox as the Drolet Pyropak), a small freestanding stove I'm putting in my masonry fireplace.

Next, I need to get the chimney liner. From what I've read, people recommend the single wall liners with insulation versus the double wall liners, as they are prone to delamination.

Does anyone recommend any specific liner/insulation brands or types, or kits? I will be lining a 2 story masonry chimney which is already lined with clay.

For the piece from the stove to the liner, are there flexible versions of that and what is that section called? Any product recommendations on those?

Finally, are there any specific types of chiney caps recommended over others?

THANKS!

Yes single wall liner either heavy wall (which is all we use for wood stoves) or light wall which will work fine but is not as durable. And insulate it you can do this by buying an insulation kit or buying preinsulated stuff. What size is your flue?

Status
Not open for further replies.