Chimney Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyf0614

Jul 17, 2007
I currently have an older insert stove that I'm looking to replace. I obviously need a new liner. If I would opt to just reline the chimney and use it as a fireplace instead of installing a new stove, does anyone know what kind of costs I should expect approximately. I assume I'd need a new liner, and damper. Approximately 20ft chimney....

Hi, You're probably going to get a lot of flak here about going back to a fireplace. I have a stove exausting into a regular chimney and installed a 6" ss rigid liner about a month and a half ago. The rigid worked well for me as the chimney is 20' straight down to a 90 degree tee. You will probably have to use a flex kit because of flue bends in your chimney. My kit was $550 shipped and took about four hrs. to install. Flex kits are a little less expensive.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.