chimney liners in North Alabama

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andreasgarrett

Jan 30, 2007
Hey, my husband and I have renovated my great grandparents house in Courtland, AL. It was built in 1823 and we are leary of the old morter in the chimney's and want to have them lined. Does anyone have any recommendations on lining methods and most importantly-know anyone in North Ala who does this kind of work? Thanks very much, Andrea Garrett, Courtland, Alabama

bump
i'm not from bama but i would recommend calling local sweeps or hearth dealers.

bruce56bb said:
... local sweeps or hearth dealers.
Sounds like a rough career move.

Might want to look in to mail ordering the liner & materials and having a contractor or self install if you find a sweep hard to come by.

Hey,weeeelllll the chimney is pretty high up-my husband is very handy but he says there is no such thing as an unreasonable fear of heights-it's quite reasonable. I will try local dealers + someone in town is having their chimney done and I can use them as a guinea pig. However if anyone else has any ideas jump in. Also my husband is an *excellent* scrounger. Our Bham house-bungalow style, currently for sale if anyone is interested, has a great fireplace and if a tree falls beside the road anywhere in the city Bill is there with his chain saw. I think we've bought one cord of wood in 15 years. Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.