Chimney pipe question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlansaw

Dec 29, 2013
Central Illinois
Can anyone tell me if MetalFab type A triple wall galvanized pipe is still available? Because of a room addition our existing chimney has been moved a few feet and I need additional pipe to connect to my basement woodstove. Original pipe was installed I'm guessing in the late 70s. Now I'm struggling to find pipe to match what I have. New pipe wasn't in the original budget but I didn't know my current pipe might be obsolete. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Metal Fab is still making an insulated all fuel pipe. Does yours have an air space between inner, middle and outer pipes? If so this is not still made so will not able to be extended but should be replaced with a quality Class A like Metal Fab or Security. If yours is insulated, inspect all sections for warping and loose or split seams then check out Metal Fab's http://www.mtlfab.com/allfuel.php

Hopefully you can find a local stocking dealer who can be sure everything matches up.

Status
Not open for further replies.