Chimney Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

What type of Chimney do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8781

Sep 4, 2008
Northern MI
Hello,
I am new to this site. I'm from Nebraska, but will be installing a fireplace in a log cabin in Northern Michigan this fall. I recently purchased a Quadrafire 7100fp, which doesn't get as much love on this forum as other forums around the web. I should know, I've read them all.
The reason for this post is the lack of information on the web, both from manufacturers and users about the actual chimney sections that we are being sold. The particularly became problematic for me as my dealer informed me that they are no longer selling the Heatilator SL300 for the Quadas, and have switched to SL1100. Now my first thought should have been to check out Dura-vent (which wouldn't require a separate collar to fit onto the Quad 7100fp). So while I still have a chance, I would like to know as much as possible about the SL300, SL1100 (and why it isn't allowed in Canada), and the Dura-vent. If you have any information, send it my way.

I would have to guess they still make sl-300 I just bought 20+ feet of it for the install of my Quad 7100.
I would have preferred dura plus but 4' of sl-300 was $85 and 3 feet of SS dura plus was $141.

Just couldn't fit it in my budget!

Status
Not open for further replies.