CHIMNEY PIPEING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimdeq

Apr 23, 2010
northeastern wisconsin
I have a question regarding the degree of angle I can use on the 8 inch chimney pipeing for a Tarm solo 60. I noticed when I was shopping for Class A pipe that they did not sell a Class A 90 degree elbow. Is 15 degree elbows the largest offset approved for chimney pipeing? Can I double the 15 degree to make a 30 degree? I have to come out the back of the tarm and angle up and to the left for about five feet and then somehow go vertical into the Class A tee? Is a 90 degree too much angle?

Thought there is a 30 degree out there also..

15-degree or 30-degree for larger offsets is all that you should use with the Class-A pipe...stove pipe you can use higher degrees such as a 45 for gradual offset or 90 for a straight up-and-out installation through the wall. Remember...as straight as possible is the goal for any chimney system.

Status
Not open for further replies.