chimney reline, what to do

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EKLawton

Hearth Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
central pa
I've been looking and haven't found the answer yet, is the best way to reline to go flexible or solid. The flexible should be easier but the solid will have smoother inside. My chimney is 23' 8"x8" clay lined with no clean out and an 8" thimble at the bottom. I ask because i get allot of moisture that runs in the thimble and down the wall. I thought the new stove would solve the problem, but not all the way. the clay is good but the chimney is out side the temp going in is 400* actual reading but the temp at the top is only 97*. At these temps you could see the condensation on the liner for about top 8'. the outside temp is 55* so the fire is on low burn the stove temp was 550* with secondaries going. Also the wood was at 18% moisture after split. the humidity in my house is at 34% and will stay there until summer. I'll thank all the responses in advance I know some one on here will have the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.