Chimney Relining Flex Parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timeuser

Hearth Supporter
Sep 2, 2009
Missouri
I'm installing a new wood stove, Englander NC-13c, in my living room and plan to line the existing chimney for it. I'm looking for comments or advice on my plan and if what I'm planning on ordering will work before I place the order.

My setup is as follows... The existing chimney goes from the basement up the side of the house and was previously used by a wood furnace in the basement that is long since gone. It is made from square stacked cement block that is lined with 8" clay flue tiles (measured about 8.25" ID). The wood stove will go in the living room on the main floor against the wall the chimney goes up outside. I figure on cutting a hole through the wall and then into the chimney, installing a wall pass through in the combustible wall that connects to a tee in the chimney that connects to SS flex liner that goes to the top.

I'm planning on getting the following parts for the chimney:

Duraliner wall pass through
15' Duraflex 304 SS 6"
Duraflex 6" Tee
Duraflex 6" cap
Duraflex 6" Top plate

Other than the stove pipe for in the house, is there something I'm missing that I'll need here? Does this sound like it would work fine? I was concerned about the Tee fitting down through the liners, but the measurements I've seen put it at under 7.5" so it should fit I think.

You will also need an appliance adapter.

timeuser said:
I'm installing a new wood stove, Englander NC-13c, in my living room and plan to line the existing chimney for it. I'm looking for comments or advice on my plan and if what I'm planning on ordering will work before I place the order.

My setup is as follows... The existing chimney goes from the basement up the side of the house and was previously used by a wood furnace in the basement that is long since gone. It is made from square stacked cement block that is lined with 8" clay flue tiles (measured about 8.25" ID). The wood stove will go in the living room on the main floor against the wall the chimney goes up outside. I figure on cutting a hole through the wall and then into the chimney, installing a wall pass through in the combustible wall that connects to a tee in the chimney that connects to SS flex liner that goes to the top.

I'm planning on getting the following parts for the chimney:

Duraliner wall pass through
15' Duraflex 304 SS 6"
Duraflex 6" Tee
Duraflex 6" cap
Duraflex 6" Top plate

Other than the stove pipe for in the house, is there something I'm missing that I'll need here? Does this sound like it would work fine? I was concerned about the Tee fitting down through the liners, but the measurements I've seen put it at under 7.5" so it should fit I think.

Maybe some kind of support clamp, unless your liner system doesnt need one..also ask about a storm collar, again, unless your liner doesnt need one

Status
Not open for further replies.