chimney rods??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rndllquinn

Oct 15, 2014
Wi
What do I need to clean this chimney? It has 2 back to back 30's. Looking for any input please.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-15-19-05-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-15-19-05-44.png
    250.7 KB · Views: 140
The right size brush and enough poles for the length....pretty simple. You can also use a weight with some paracord or rope to pull the brush. With another person on top, and a line on each end its easy to pull back and forth. Theres also the rotary type cleaners that you put on a drill but brush always wkrked fine for me.

I just asked this question a few weeks ago, as I also have 2 30° elbows in my chimney. I ended up getting a poly brush and the regular fiberglass rods. Goes right through the elbows with no problem.

Yep.

To save money and since I only clean my chimney cold I used 3/4 pvc as rods. Two 10 ft lengths male 3/4npt on one end 3/4 female on the other length. Works well tho I dont have elbows in the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.