Chimney Stove connector pipe???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NVHunter

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2013
Reno, NV
Ok, Im looking at installing a Ashford or Sirocco 30 Blaze King stove in the near furture. The manual for the stoves says to use a 24 gauge MSG Black/Blue Steel stove pipe to connect the stove to the chimney (UL 103 HT rated chimney). I'm looking at using the DuraTec Stainless Steel Chimney.

The manual then recommend using a double wall connector pipe.

My question is, I've been looking at using the Duravent DVL double wall close clearance stove pipe. Is this pipe acceptable to use for these stoves? I've looked and it says the inside pipe is 0.016" thick steel and the outside pipe is 0.018" thick steel.

I don't know anything about chimney connector pipe so any help would be appreciated.

Are all brands of chimney pipe and chimney connector pipe similar in dimensions (for example, elbows are same size, diameters are the same ect...)

Thanks, and sorry if these questions are stupid or don't make sense.

I'm a newbie...

DuraVent DVL is a good choice for connecting this stove. Note that you can not mix and match brands. If your chimney is DuraTech, stick with a DuraVent adapter and connector to the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.