Chimney sweep removing baffle and secondary chamber?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydesdaleBurner

Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2007
South Coast, MA
Well I'm not going to procrastinate on this one and wait till November for a sweep. I'm heading into my second year burning, and with the cooler nights lately I'm starting to get excited to get the stove going... still got a couple months away though...

Anyway my question relates to hiring a chimney sweep. Do I need to remove the baffle or secondary air tubes in the stove or will the chimney sweep do this?

I've looked through my manual and surprisingly it doesn't seem to mention anything about removing these in order to do a sweep... I know something has to come out to access the flu liner, but I just don't know what.

Thanks for any advice on this.

I'd do it before he sweeps. That way you know he won't screw it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.