Chimney sweep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basswidow

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Milton GA
I was thinking of buying my own 6 inch brush and attachments, but now I am considering letting a sweep do it.

I have a two story chimney. Whats a fair price for a sweep to come and run a brush thru the flue? I've cleaned all the rest of the stove.

I just called my sweep this mornin. I have a 35' chimney with a couple stacks coming out of it. He's gonna sweep my wood stove and old masonry smoke dragon fireplace for 99 bucks a piece.....I think thats a fair price for my area. I dont have a ladder big enough to get up on that 35 ft chimney. I called around to a few places,,,,most wanted 129 bucks. Good luck.

I sure wish you eastern US folks would sent a sweep crew out here to my area. Sweeps here in Wisocnsin get $220-$250 for a 16' single story chimney.

Shari

we get 125... but any where around the 100- 150 mark should be fair most places

$ 100 seems fair enough. If I was a contractor, it would be worth an hour of my time. I also don't have the ladder or brushes and that would be a big cost for me.

Hey Shari,,,,I will trade ya my chimney sweep for your tax collector. I just got my 2011 property tax bill, ready for this....$11,880. Yea, thats right,,,,it gets better,,,,my property size is 140'x90'. Hows that for highway robbery. I so cant wait to get out of this State,,,,7 years to retire,,,already lookin for property in various other locations. Whenever your ready to trade,,,let me know !!!

Theres another Thread about Sweep Costs. I live in Northeastern Mass, and Paid $180 to clean my 28foot 4inch Pellet Stove Liner.

I feel better now. Clean and sweep stove and pipe myself. Save $130 a year on the chimney sweep. $325 - $130 = 195 for 1 cord of hardwood. In a place where pine prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.