CHIMNEY SWEEPED!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

detmurds

Jun 2, 2006
Seabeck, WA
aol.com
Well, I paid to have my "chimney" swept today,...and I am glad I did. I did not once turn on my furnace last winter, and burned day after day. Everything was nice and warm with my Avalon Pendleton stove,..so no complaints. Anyhow, after the sweeping,...there had to be at least 5-7 pounds of build up! Folks,...please,...have your stuff swept to prevent fires. This will keep a good airway as well, if it has too much build up you will never have to close the damper!

Oh, it cost me about 107 dollars,..good thing is, the guy that did it is the very same person who put in my fireplace when it was recently built, as well as the same guy who put in my insert too! Pretty good guy,..I should invite him over for a beer!

Good deal! Glad to hear you're keeping it safe and ready to rock and roll for this quickly approaching burn season.

That's on my never ending list of things to do. As it gets cooler outside, that job moves up the list. I guess I'll have to get up on the roof next weekend.

I'm not going near my roof till the daytime highs drop into the 60's! Heck, my pool is still at 80 today! I was gonna close it, but I decided to go swimming instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.