Chimney under rafters?? did he hear that right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look behind this overhang, where is the fireplace lintel, flush with the bottom or higher up? From the pictures it looks like it's more for show than go.
The lintel is almost flush with the bottom. Slightly higher.

Baby should be here by xmas. :)
Don't know how big your home is, how large a stove you need, but you could always check with Woodstock and see if they have a refurbished Fireview or Keystone. They sometimes do, and it is poddible some may be trading in their previous stoves for the new Progress Hybrid.
I didn't think to check with them...I'll have to do that. I'm not sure the fireview/keystone is the best fit for our poorly insulated, drafty house (~1900 sq ft), but we can close off parts of the house semi easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.