China is comming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Member from Australia stated that the price down under for them if memory was like $600/ton. Never stated if metric ton or not. That's why using wheat for fuel.

I doubt they'd make it here. We and Canada are plump with mills and resources.

Target market prolly be Europe. We too ship gobs of them over there!

They probably bag North American product and ship out.

I can't understand where they would get the trees since the 'citizens' have to burn dung to stay warm and cook their meals! MAYBE THAT'S WHAT THE PELLETS ARE MADE OUT OF!!!!??? Nothing would surprise me!

Reactions: stikit2bigoyl
I doubt they'd make it here. We and Canada are plump with mills and resources.

Target market prolly be Europe. We too ship gobs of them over there!

Just about every pellet made in tree-rich Georgia goes to Europe.

I wonder what kind of toxins they will put in them to get rid of.

I wonder what kind of toxins they will put in them to get rid of.
This is actually a REAL concern! Our family cat was KILLED by cat food made in China! After he died, the story came out about toxins found in the cat food and what the symptoms were to watch out for. The food was banned. Too late for Muffin. :(
Stories of toxic paint on toys, colorants in kid's clothes, etc all make me scared to buy anything made in China but what other choices do we have? Bangladesh? Pakistan?

Sorry to hear that TJN I saw a story on the news that 3000 dogs have died from dog treats that come from China so we are very careful what we give our 2 Jack Russel's .

Sorry to hear that TJN I saw a story on the news that 3000 dogs have died from dog treats that come from China so we are very careful what we give our 2 Jack Russel's .
Jack Russels are beautiful dogs. Yea, it was some kind of filler that they were trying to dump secretively. Be careful. I don't think the FDA is involved in animal food.

I can't understand where they would get the trees since the 'citizens' have to burn dung to stay warm and cook their meals! MAYBE THAT'S WHAT THE PELLETS ARE MADE OUT OF!!!!??? Nothing would surprise me!

The U.S. will probably ship them the trees so they can make pellets and ship them back just like I read where they want to ship chickens over there for processing and then ship them back here for consumption. Guess they will do anything to get into that $2.00 a day labor market.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
The U.S. will probably ship them the trees so they can make pellets and ship them back just like I read where they want to ship chickens over there for processing and then ship them back here for consumption. Guess they will do anything to get into that $2.00 a day labor market.
As fast as they can grow chickens here in Georgia by pumping them full of hormones, they would probably ship eggs to them and by the time they got to China, they would be big enough to kill and ship back to us.

Reactions: ScotL
I have no clue about shipping costs or the capacity of ships buy if they can buy trees from the US, ship them to China, convert them to paneling, ship them back andmake a profit, maybe they can do thesame thing with pellets. FWIW, I stopped giving my dog any edibles that weren't made in the USA or Canada. She got sick on some Chinese chicken fillets from a boxstore. Thankfully, it was not fatal.

It had to happen
They now are exporting not only stoves but also pellets
http://www.sinogreentech.net/english/Product.asp?BigClassName=Biomass Pellet Stove
hope link works
Well, it's highly unlikely that chinese pellets would be exported to the US. The cost would be prohibitive. They have very few trees in China. They have to import lumber from the US and Canada to make furniture/flooring. Obviously the waste from furniture/flooring mfr could be turned into pellets. Then shipped overseas? The cost would be too much.

This is actually a REAL concern! Our family cat was KILLED by cat food made in China! After he died, the story came out about toxins found in the cat food and what the symptoms were to watch out for. The food was banned. Too late for Muffin. :(
Stories of toxic paint on toys, colorants in kid's clothes, etc all make me scared to buy anything made in China but what other choices do we have? Bangladesh? Pakistan?
Melamine. It's a plastic. You probably have some plastic bowls made of the stuff. They used melamine in cat and dog food that killed numerous animals a few years ago.

Melamine. It's a plastic. You probably have some plastic bowls made of the stuff. They used melamine in cat and dog food that killed numerous animals a few years ago.
yep, that's it. Couldn't remember what it was.

Well, it's highly unlikely that chinese pellets would be exported to the US. The cost would be prohibitive. They have very few trees in China. They have to import lumber from the US and Canada to make furniture/flooring. Obviously the waste from furniture/flooring mfr could be turned into pellets. Then shipped overseas? The cost would be too much.
Don't assume the cost would be too much. When I was still working, I got quotes from China for a cast metal 40 by 48" pallet that cost LESS than the sheet metal pallets we were buying from Chicago delivered. I fought it and won because we used huge amounts of them and imagine how many containers would be enroute at any time when you discovered a defect and had to reject everything in transit! I don't know how WalMart does it!

Reactions: chken
My dog is a spoiled little punk and only eats dick van dykes natural balance. After the deaths I wasn't taking any chance .plus we found out he is allergic to the chicken in the Chinese dog foods.no more bumps or licking paws obsessively .

Lets get back to pellets folks.

China has huge pine forests and manufacturing produces one heck of a lot of wood buy products.

Those are actually really beautiful stoves! Notice the LCD display! And the 'claimed' efficiency. Looks like one has soapstone or ceramic sides on it. And one has a very large opening for room air, which would cut down on the noise. Are we looking at future Quads and Harmans?

Lets get back to pellets folks.

China has huge pine forests and manufacturing produces one heck of a lot of wood buy products.
My kitchen and living room furniture was made in China. Bought it from Rooms to Go!

I think we should somehow infuse all the lumber we are sending them with all the depleted uranium from our power plants and see how they like it.

Lot more pellet markets than the US. From a biomass report from Korea:

"11,148 tons of wood pellets were imported, which was about 59 per cent of the total wood pellet consumption in 2009 and about 79 per cent of total imported wood pellets were from China. They are used for domestic heating systems in private home and greenhouse heating systems."

Status
Not open for further replies.