Chinese Elm?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home sick today, just finished splitting the rest of what I was able to bring home. Its already become much lighter in color.

I split a bunch yesterday, and that stuff is really wet. It was drying as I was stacking it.

Google Chinese elm and look at some of the pics of the bark. You'll see what it isn't. Even the tree service that cut this tree told the homeowner it was Chinese elm. Pretty common error, I think.

I split a bunch yesterday, and that stuff is really wet. It was drying as I was stacking it.

Google Chinese elm and look at some of the pics of the bark. You'll see what it isn't. Even the tree service that cut this tree told the homeowner it was Chinese elm. Pretty common error, I think.

I was texting back and forth with my dad, asked him if there was an elm that resembled walnut. That is where I got the idea it might be chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.