Chinese juniper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -

I burn whatever I cut that's as big as a soda can in diameter. Arborvitae, juniper, Lillac... Juniper was twisted and had to stack. Burned hot and fast. Great for lighting off a cold stove as I recall.

ATB,
Mike

Easter Red Cedar is actually a juniper (Juniperus virginiana) so I bet Chinese juniper burns about the same. There was a recent thread on this topic. Most seem to agree it burns hot and fast, and makes a great kindling, too.

Yes bushes burn just fine and like Wood Duck mentioned they tend to burn hot and fast so work best for starting fires and to mix a little in but a full load of it might overheat the stove. I dug out some yews last year and while it was'nt alot of wood it did burn well.

Status
Not open for further replies.