Chipped Glass on the inside of my door.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn Fletcher

Jan 10, 2012
South Western NH
Has anyone had to deal with glass issues on their stove door. I have a Harman XXV installed this Oct. I keep it very clean. Vacume it once a week and clean the glass with a cleaner meant for stove doors also I make sure the glass is not hot not even warm before I clean it. Today I open my door and notice on the inside there seems to be a small chip in the glass. I can't call the stove company until tomorrow morning. Not sure if it's safe to run the stove with it or not. I have it running now and will keep an eye on it for a while see what happens. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.