Choice for maintenance free dishwasher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a bosch, and I'm not impressed. It's the cheap version.

My favorite dishwasher ever was a kitchen-aid. It would clean ANYTHING.
I did't have my kitchen aid more than two years. It was a "good " one with the stainless steel interior. Then it wouldn clean the upper rack. I looked it up and found that is a chronic issue. Was a bad pump part. Gave it away and went to the sears model that consumer reports rated so high. This one cleans well when the drain isn't obstructed. Just a real P.I.T.A. to clean out the drain.

Whirlpool and love it in fact most of what we have is whirlpool and have had no issues to speak of. Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher, Oven and Fridge. We have a upright frigidaire freezer and it is a piece of shnit breaks at least once every two years. We had a GE fridge and it was junk as well didn't last and broke every couple of months till I had an electrician friend literally rewire the piece of junk.

Pete

Whirlpool and love it in fact most of what we have is whirlpool and have had no issues to speak of. Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher, Oven and Fridge. We have a upright frigidaire freezer and it is a piece of shnit breaks at least once every two years. We had a GE fridge and it was junk as well didn't last and broke every couple of months till I had an electrician friend literally rewire the piece of junk.

Pete
Ditto on whirl pool i replaced a Bosch that died after 4 years with a half its price whirlpool,very good dishwasher for the price. Same experience with frigidare,never had any one(fridg,Dw,Micro) that last more than 2 years. I do however have a 20 year old GE Side by side that still works like new.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Co-worker (Fire Inspector actually) had a Bosch . . . not sure which model . . . something went in it less than two or three years in . . . I tried to help . . . ended up getting bleach on my beloved Camp Jakeawana T-shirt in the process.

Well I had a Kitchen Aid in one house it was there when we bought the house and when we sold it 19 years later, the only thing that went on it was one of the water supply hoses, bought a two family when we moved one unit had a Kitchen Aid in it the other didn't have anything in it, we put a Kitchen Aid in that unit which we rented out, when we sold the two unit 16 years later they both went with the place, had one issue with the older of the two dishwashers, yep a broken water supply hose. It just goes to show ya, life can be a crap shoot at times. This place has all Maytag appliances currently. We will see how they do.

Why do women wear white on their wedding day????.......................any one...................so the dishwasher matches the stove and refrigerator! ................. I know-I know im sorry my wife didn't think it was funny either ......

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Why do women wear white on their wedding day????.......................any one...................so the dishwasher matches the stove and refrigerator! ................. I know-I know im sorry my wife didn't think it was funny either ......

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!
Ok I was stupid enough to share that one with my wife. She really doesn't have much of a sence of humor! Clang bang ouch!

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Yeah I don't recommend to most to follow my lead in regards to relationships but if you do here's another one that my wife found just absolutely hilarious.......... brought tears to her eyes it was so funny..........at least I think thats why she was crying........ Ok here goes .......How many men does it take to change a lightbulb in the kitchen?........................no one?..................none....if she can't change the bulb she can do the dishes in the dark...........I got smacked for that one too but not NEARLY as bad as I did for yet one other dishwashing "joke"

Status
Not open for further replies.