choice to make

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyokie

Feb 15, 2011
southwest CT
Im currently burning a VC intrepid 2 and I like it but trying to use as primary heat cource in CT its a lil small. I have a chance at allnighter mid moe in good shape for 700 or do you think a englander 30 would be a better choice for 900?
my house is a 2 story colonial 1400 sq ft new windows and doors and well insulated but it was 16 last night burrrrr dont wanna burn much oil!

anyone? im not sure on epa vs the old smokies heat wise. and after the hurricane and the recent ice storm i seem to be getting a lot of green wood unfortunately and i know the old moe or an old huntsman would eat the greener wood easier. what you guys think?

I have both and feeding old smokey makes me irritable. I'd get the Englander.

to complicate my decision now ive found and old atlanta huntsman flat top step up for 300 in great shape, and i was almost sold on the englander :grrr:

Can't say for sure on a stove choice, but I would let that green wood sit until another year at least. Welcome to hearth. Rough weather for sure w/ irene and the october storm. I have alot of wood too from it, but is way more efficient and safer with the chimney in the long run to let it sit awhile. Good luck buddy. :)

thanx ya im picking thru it for the drier stuff. and will run a brush up the chimney a lil sooner than i normally do, and im on the hunt for some better wood so i can let this cord sit. by the looks of it i think its irene damage logs not so green that its from the oct storm

Went with the englander, breaking her in now. wow this stove throws the heat off just a few small splits! The blowers a bit noisy but actually heats my house fine with it off. Now for the learning curve from a cat stove to epa.
anyone want a good VC intrepid II for a good price? :)

nyokie said:
Went with the englander, breaking her in now. wow this stove throws the heat off just a few small splits! The blowers a bit noisy but actually heats my house fine with it off. Now for the learning curve from a cat stove to epa.
anyone want a good VC intrepid II for a good price? :)

Nice - get some sun screen and glasses... :coolsmile:

That stove is a heat bomb!

Happy burning,
Bill

Congrats! Enjoy the heat. I think up your way its gonna have lows real close to single digits in a few days. Try putting the stove on crags list, and here on hearth there is a for sale wanted section. Be well.

thanx im looking forward to saying no thanks to the oil guy this winter, and i am the oil guy. sucks pumping that stuff in your own house even with a lil employee discount

You made a wise decision that you won't regret. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.