Chopped!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming you must have been running electric heating before? Maybe geothermal? That's awesome with the savings you're seeing.

I just got my natural gas bill this last week, and it's less than half what it would run in these temps if I wasn't burning.

That is great! Gotta love a wood stove.

we're not often 24/7 burners, no need in our relatively temperate climate, but In the years B.S. (Before Stove) prior to 2014, we would fill our oil tank (Central heating and hot water) every six weeks when we got into typical Dec, Jan and Feb weather. I reckon we will need to fill it by about the end of March, for the first time in a year.

My Wife has a coworker who has a 1,200 sq. ft. house with all electric, and told my Wife her bill this month was $800:eek: .......my Wife appreciates the Insert even more when she hears these stories. We just got an Oil delivery.....total usage 77 gallons since October.....not great, but not bad also (including H/W)

I just checked the oil tank yesterday. Only used half tank of a 275 gallon tank of oil so far this year. Wouldve been on my 3rd with out my vigilant.

Status
Not open for further replies.