Chopper Axe owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipper50

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2007
Indiana
I wanted to let all the Chopper Axe owners in on how much the company who sells and markets this tool charges for parts so one can decide if they want to look for parts on their own.

I broke a shear pin which holds the levers onto the head, I wrote the company an email from their site and it took around 2 weeks to get a response. I got an answer to my email and they told me that they didn't have pins and such on site as of yet, but if I made an order to just put in the message part that I only wanted the small pins and not the levers.

I got charged $12 for the pins and $1.25 shipping for what you see in the pic. Makes one wonder how they have stayed in business this long?

Shipper

Attachments

• Chopper parts.jpg
    Chopper parts.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 295
It appears that you are less than satisfied with cust. service. Other than that, how do you like the chopper axe? I had to look it up cuz I didn't know what it was, but the design looked interesting.

Jags said:
It appears that you are less than satisfied with cust. service. Other than that, how do you like the chopper axe? I had to look it up cuz I didn't know what it was, but the design looked interesting.
I like how it splits straight grain wood like white oak and such. One pop and the wood is apart. It causes the wood to fly apart more than with an convectional maul. Its tough going on wood like hickory and others that have cross grain in them. Would I buy one retail? Not in this lifetime. But the design is good.

Shipper

Hmmm. . . interesting.

When I broke my Fiskars Pro Splitting Axe (improper use) the place I bought it replaced it - no questions asked. The guy behind the counter just said "Well there's something you don't see too often."

Bigg_Redd said:
Hmmm. . . interesting.

When I broke my Fiskars Pro Splitting Axe (improper use) the place I bought it replaced it - no questions asked. The guy behind the counter just said "Well there's something you don't see too often."
I knew it wouldnt be long till someone who owned a Fiskars would respond to my post and I guess you get the prize......... :roll:

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
...It causes the wood to fly apart more than with an convectional maul...

Shipper, you should try a forced-convectional maul. :p Rick

fossil said:
Shipper50 said:

I usually :lol: use the smell checker, and I guess this one get by me huh?

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
fossil said:
Shipper50 said:

I usually :lol: use the smell checker, and I guess this one get by me huh?

Shipper

Nothin' wrong with the way it's spelled. :lol:

Seems kind of pricey for a couple of pins that you could of got from a local hardware store for about 3 bucks.

Shipper50 said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Hmmm. . . interesting.

I knew it wouldnt be long till someone who owned a Fiskars would respond to my post and I guess you get the prize......... :roll:

Shipper

Dude. . . you payed $12 for some pins and pop rivets. . . so just roll your eyes at that

Status
Not open for further replies.