Christmas Eve Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric B

Nov 12, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Picked up some FREE Cedar yesterday evening. About a truck load only a mile from my house.

cedar_zps9fe80d67.jpg

NIce score, nice truck too. Congrats

Picked up some FREE Cedar yesterday evening. About a truck load only a mile from my house.

cedar_zps9fe80d67.jpg

Excellent! Scored less than that last year and I love having it. Used some early in the season for short hot fires and now use a split to make kindling and start the fire. Burns great after 1 yr seasoning and gets the coal be bed started on cold starts. Sure you will find a use for it.

I love the smell of it.

Pretty sitting in the truck. Nice aroma. Burns good when real dry.

That looks beautiful, I use my red cedar score mostly at the outside fire pit, smells up the yard really nice, burn it occasionally in the insert and give some to good friends so they get to enjoy it too, the stuff I found seems old, 15% when I split it, any idea what your MC is on that beautiful red stuff? Ps enjoy it in the yard....

Before we bought our house we lived in a rental that was cedar siding and cedar in the house. I became immune to it but could smell it on my clothes still when wed leave. I LOVE our new home but I miss that little place.

Status
Not open for further replies.