Christmas lights

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick06

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
media, pa
Someone had to start the thread, so here it goes.

Every year I do all out for christmas... inside.

Outside its limited to some wreaths on windows and usually a lonely light up deer or two (it was two, but then the other one had its lights die). The front of the house doesnt get much attention.... until this year...

Still being lazy, I think i found a solution! lawnlights. I will probably get a set for the front yard. Its easy to setup and fast. it also looks awesome. Not sure what else will get done (the front of the house isnt conducive to lights), maybe a few multicolored flood lights.

http://www.lawnlights.com
ShelleyBoydNight600x193.jpg

From2ndFloorSmall.jpg

Well that's certainly different and creative. It's a nice effect. What are lawn lights?

I see an Easter egg hunt coming in January.

Neat looking effect. My dog would love rearranging them...

We will see how they go. Its pretty much a LED light, its 50 lights with 10 ft of wire between them. Should only take a few min to unroll or re-roll them. I don't have a dog that chews on wires either. Who knows, I will keep you posed with how easy/good looking it is. Based on reviews and the setup videos i am expecting a lot from it!

An overhead picture would be neat, really like the looks of it.

Definately different, I kinda like it! I normally dont do much on the outside either, I have lampposts up the drive that get bows with a homeade pine spray. A big wreath on the chimney and homeade pine sprays in the front windows with bow and spotlights on everything. I hate hanging lights outside, too much to tear down after xmas.

They'd look a little silly on our bare lawn. We often have very little snow in winter, but the idea is intriguing.

Well, I got my lawnlights yesterday (less than 48 hours to delivery) . Setup was fast and I think they look great. I probably laid them out too straight, as opposed to the curves they suggest. While laying them out my neighbor opened her door to walk her dog and I just heard " Oh wow, that looks awesome!" (or something like that). And she didnt know i was outside, and hasnt ever said anything to us... so that was pretty cool. Not sure if I will add lights to the house... probably... we will see.

These things burn 1 to 2 watts... total. I measured it, its impressive!

Attachments

• IMG_5813.jpg
    IMG_5813.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_5810.jpg
    IMG_5810.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_5804.jpg
    IMG_5804.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_5798.jpg
    IMG_5798.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_5795.jpg
    IMG_5795.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 247
Interesting product - looks nice, but would really look sharp with a little snow on the ground. If I understand correctly, it's one light burning with 10 feet to the next one? Funny, that's how most of my strings seem to be lit after storage each year!

Status
Not open for further replies.