1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

CHUNK WOOD

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by waynek, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waynek

waynek Member

Loc:
    Southern WI
    [​IMG]

Wood chunks and knots - the Round Oak handles them all

[​IMG]

The ingredients for a Round Oak burn... kindling in the round keg, small splits in the woodbox and chunks on the floor. Let the northwind blow, the Round Oak is ready to go.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    Now that stove is way before the air tight stoves right?...at least is looks real old and antique like to me.

I'm surprised it would burn those big rounds with no hassle. Now our old Shenandoah would burn those big pita chunks no problem cause the shaker grates would hold coals if you wanted it to...and you need coals to burn rounds like that right?

Does your oak stove have shaker grates?
  3. waynek

waynek Member

Loc:
    Southern WI
    The Round Oak heating stove was built between 1900 and 1905 and remains in excellent shape. It will consume the chunk wood with a nice controlled burn.

The stove has a "wood grate" that is 1/2 solid and other half slotted. Open the ash pit insert a poker into the grate and shake down ashes.

Jackpine
  4. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Emmaus, Pennsylvania

That's amazing; nice, different set-up you have there!
  5. jeff6443

jeff6443 New Member

Loc:
    NJ South
    My wood guy has a Hercules coal furnace he only burns wood in it he gets 20 hour burns with 2 year old oak
    I was impressed with this monster . He knowes how to use it . Neat machine .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.