Chunks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironspider

Feeling the Heat
Nov 13, 2013
Flanders, NY
After my last few scores, I've ended up with a couple dozen round like 3-6", what do you guys do with these?

I can split them but where do you put them? I can't stack them.

Chunks and uglies go on the top of my stacks. Then they get burned when I'm home and can feed the stove regularly.

Reactions: aussiedog3
The uglies I put on the stack but even if I put the little chunks on top I have nowhere to put them when seasoned and I'm able to regularly feed the stove. Maybe I'll just make a pile of them in the woods and see what happens.

100_1811 (640x480).jpg Here is what I did with what didn't go in the last stack I made.

Reactions: aussiedog3
Firepit, or on the very top of your stacks. They will burn fine, indoors or out.

They go here, Then over to baby brothers as his stove only takes up to 14 inches. Works out great for him, ok for me.

Attachments

• dans wood piles 001.JPG
    dans wood piles 001.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.