Rear Outlet Height of Grandma Bear?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trx680

Sep 27, 2011
Petersburg Virginia
I'm trying to find out what the height of the 8" flue is on a grandma bear. From the floor to the top of the flue (rear mount flue).

thanks

Last edited:
Depends on the Grandma Bear.
There are I and II with angle iron corners, and Series III with bent corners that have 3 optional leg styles. (bolt on legs) I'll assume it's not a Series IV with glass which is different as well.
The leg length on the old style box determines height from floor. If built to specs, the rear legs (1 1/2 inch angle iron) should be 31 inches and the legs extend 6 inches below stove body. Some fabricators made legs an inch longer or custom built to customers specifications. On a non-combustible hearth it was common to cut the legs shorter as needed.

The hole in the back sheet is 8 inch OD with the center of flue outlet 5 inches from the top. (old style box with angle iron corners built to factory specifications) Which makes the top of vent pipe 1 inch below top which would be 30 inches high providing the rear legs are made to drawing specs of 31 inch length.
Depending on the year it can also have adjustable ball feet. So there are many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.