Cigar smelling wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHeath

Feeling the Heat
Feb 18, 2013
Northwest NorthCarolina Mtns
Just threw in a few phantom logs and instantly started smelling a most pleasant cigar smell. Any ideas? I'd love to have a few cord of that!

EDIT, ITS MORE LIKE PIPE TOBACCO!!! NOT CIGAR!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 262
Naw, Cherry would be like pipe tabacco. Sure do like cherry in stove though. Save it for when company comes over.

Reactions: ScotO
Naw, Cherry would be like pipe tabacco. Sure do like cherry in stove though. Save it for when company comes over.

Ya, that's what I was thinking. I think cigars smell like sheeit, you're burning a big old poop aren't
you?

I take it back! Its pipe tobacco! Not cigar! Sorry!

Reactions: ScotO
I take it back! Its pipe tobacco! Not cigar! Sorry!
Well in that case, I like think Jack nailed it. Cherry smells like a fine pipe tobacco when burning......definitely a wonderfully aromatic wood.

You had me stumped with the cigar thing.......;lol

Reactions: Redlegs
That sure does not look like cherry to me.

Reactions: Woody Stover
That sure does not look like cherry to me.

That pic is newly posted. Didn't have that to go by when the rest of us was guessing. I am not real sure what kind of wood that pic is showing.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Thats true, I posted that after most of the comments.

BL or maybe walnut. It has a pipe tobacco aroma.
Tobacco oak?lol

Just saw your pic..Have no idea!

Smell described sounds to me like cherry but the picture is not cherry. Walnut perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.