Cincinnati area information?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timfromohio

Minister of Fire
Aug 20, 2007
So, I'm already TimfromOhio but am from NEOhio. There is a decent chance we relocate to the SWOhio area for a job in Cincy. Any input on this area? Quaint communities within commuting distance to Evendale? I'd like to get a larger piece of property with this move.

Thanks for any input.

Timfrom(NE)Ohio

Inside the I-275 loop there may be a few areas that you may want to consider. Hyde Park and Madiera may be places you'd like. Outside the loop, you may want to check out Loveland. If you want a decent size property, I doubt you'll find it in the first two places I mentioned, and I think a place with a large piece of land in Loveland would be pretty expensive, if you could find it.

We left Cincinnati for Northern Kentucky 7 years ago and will never move back, we just love it over here. We have 3 acres in a small community on the banks of the Ohio river. My wife's commute to Blue Ash takes about 40 minutes. Blue Ash is slightly northeast of Evendale. So you may want to check out Northern Kentucky as well.

I don't know what you are accustomed to, but if you like being amongst a lot of people, go inside the loop, if not go outside of it.

Thanks for the input. I'd rather not be around too many people - high population density makes me break out with a rash ....

How does the tax situation work if one lives in Kentucky and works in Ohio - do you get a credit for any local taxes taken out of your paycheck?

Does your wife's commute vary a lot in the winter? Are there certain times one must leave by in order to avoid huge jams?

Thanks for any additional input.

We live in the county, so we don't pay a municipal tax. Wife files Ohio state tax, but none in Ky. Her commute can vary day to day. 40 minutes is the minimum, but can sometimes take an hour. If we get an afternoon snowstorm, it can take her 3 hours to get home, but that is a rarity. She has 2 routes that she can travel. In the morning, she usually takes I-71 and coming home, she takes I-275.

There are parts of Ky that can be a nightmare to commute to Ohio from. Seems like I-75 north from Florence, Ky. is routinely jammed up, in the morning.

You may want to check out the Clermont county area in Ohio too. If you want a piece of land, you may be able to find it out there.

I think the best thing I could suggest, is to rent a house and take your time exploring and getting a feel for the area.

Tim,

For what it is worth, I would recommend staying out of Hamilton County, due to tax rates. I am in Butler County, just to the north-west of Evendale. I am in Fairfield, Ohio, mostly a sub-urban area. Just to the west of us is the smaller ruarl/sub-urban community of Ross, Ohio. Not a bad commute to Evendale, and just outside of the 275 loop. Worth a look. Good luck. If I can be of any more assistance, just let me know. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. My family and I spent most of Sunday and yesterday driving around checking out the area. Looked up your neck of the woods and also in Hamilton and west of Hamilton, then east in Stoneship Township, Loveland, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.