cinder block chim crown & paint repair ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario veda

Sep 11, 2010
RICHMOND VA
Any one use any of the on- line products or can recommend a crown sealer (paintable) and a paint/crack sealer to repaint chimney cinder blocks ??.Ive checked Lowes and Home D. but they dont have any...My crown as well as some block faces have surface hairline cracks ,,none are wide,I have lightly sanded some of the cracks on the cinder blocks and they dont seem to go all the way threw the block ??...I dont think I have to re do the whole crown only have 2 small hairline cracks on it and think a brush on sealer would work ??... Ive seen a few on sale on-line, different makers but all state about the some results. I only need about a gallon of crown sealer not sure about how much paint,,, the chimney is 21 blocks tall with three sides showing except for top four blocks which have all 4 sides visable(8" x 15.5" each side ) ...Well if anyone has used a product with good results please let me know . I know I have to strip the old paint off fun fun fun lol. Thanks Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.