cir pump leaking by

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evamaxx

Nov 10, 2012
glen burnie md
anybody have trouble with cir pump leaking by (hot water passing by pump when off) 1 zone sup and ret lines all hot all the time . when t-stat is not calling for heat? would a zone valve work better stop flow? thanks mark

i checked it is a ifc circ ? IM UAING A TACO 011 ON BOILER TO PUSH WATER 120 ' IN 1" FLEX PEX COULD IT BE THAT THE 011 IS PUSHING PAST THE 007 ONLY 4' AWAY ON GARAGE LOOP? THANKS
Can't really tell without a clearer description or a schematic, then again obviously it can if it does.

From your description, if I'm visulaizing it correctly, you have the 007 IFC teed off the 1" line that goes to the house? If this is true, then the 0011 would definatly open the IFC in the 007. A zone valve may be needed to stop the flow, you could wire up a 120V zone valve in parrellel with the 007, or use the end switch to run the 007 for a better install and avoid dead-heading the 007 while the ZV opens.

TS

From your description, if I'm visulaizing it correctly, you have the 007 IFC teed off the 1" line that goes to the house? If this is true, then the 0011 would definatly open the IFC in the 007. A zone valve may be needed to stop the flow, you could wire up a 120V zone valve in parrellel with the 007, or use the end switch to run the 007 for a better install and avoid dead-heading the 007 while the ZV opens.

TS
thanks taylor for tip should i take out the circ and use the zvalve only? whats the plus and neg on that the 011 moves a lot of water when i burped the system in basement the line to storage it loked like a garden hose! thanks mark

I'm inclined to think that the 0011 is a good choice for alot of underground pipe runs. In your setup, a flow check may not hold off the flow with the weight inside. This is based on my understanding of what you said. A piping diagram would be the most helpful, as EWD said.

TS

the house is 2 story and the garage has a 2 story office
Mark,

I think your going to have to stay with at least the 011 due the the long run with only 1" pex. And because you can only heat your garage if the boiler has a fire in in then I would remove the 007 and replace it with a zone valve.

Rob

Ok I spoke with Mark tonight. This pump that is ghost flowing is piped on the return line pulling water thru the zone. He has a pump right next to it that is not ghost flowing that controls the baseboard in the garage and it stays cold unless the T stat calls for heat.

The copper pipe with the black paint is supply and return to the house.

The pumps to the rt are the pumps for the upstairs garage zone and first floor garage zone both are large baseboard

Rob

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 163
Status