Circle the wagons! Free hardwood.........Calling all hoosiers!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Ham and beans corn bread fry potato's for lunch! Just in case anyone still Hungary and thinking about me with pink thongs.............

The meal sounds good, just make sure you have enough good paper!

julio

Aww This girl can cook.....She has taken beans to a whole new level! Soaks them for 24 hrs and I believe she uses baking soda.

I will say, the food will be good. Is this a rain or shine affair?

Bocefus78 said:
I will say, the food will be good. Is this a rain or shine affair?

Yep looks like a chance of light rain but with this set up we should run 1-3/4 cord an hour. 3-4 hours and done!

Trundle said:
Dang. Sounds like fun. Wish I was closer than a 30 hour drive!

Its like the G2G but with a twist! We all go home full of prime firewood!

still pretty snow-bound in these parts but its starting to go pretty fast with temps consistently in the 40s and low 50s the last week or so. cabin fevers gettin bad. I'll be needing a full report of you'alls shenanigans to keep me sane til I can get out and start having fun with trees. And by full report I mean pics of trees, logs, stumps, rounds, splits, splitters, saws, food, etc...

Thanks!

Trundle said:
still pretty snow-bound in these parts but its starting to go pretty fast with temps consistently in the 40s and low 50s the last week or so. cabin fevers gettin bad. I'll be needing a full report of you'alls shenanigans to keep me sane til I can get out and start having fun with trees. And by full report I mean pics of trees, logs, stumps, rounds, splits, splitters, saws, food, etc...

Thanks!

lol Sounds good! We been haning in the 40's 50's 60's and one 70 so where on the run now!

Ok Blow them air filter out chain sharpen fill-em up! Chris if you need a helmet I have one more? (Will need it for sure)

I'm going looking later for some ppe...I may buy one. We will see what I find....

Bocefus78 said:
I'm going looking later for some ppe...I may buy one. We will see what I find....

Its about time! I have a ppe Shirt as well for limbing out brushy trees. I done a back flip with a 260 once! lol Everything work quite well. (that was before the shirt)

Got a brain bucket and chaps.....im ready

Bocefus78 said:
Got a brain bucket and chaps.....im ready

SWEEEEET Better to be safe!

I did hurt my back so don't count on me to be near as fast....stupid silver bonfire wood

4 trailer loads a 2 pick-up loads in under 4 hrs....All pignut with a touch of hackleberry!

smokinjay said:
4 trailer loads a 2 pick-up loads in under 4 hrs....All pignut with a touch of hackleberry!

Did you forget the camera or did you drop a tree on it. :vampire: Sounds like it was a good day.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Did you forget the camera or did you drop a tree on it. :vampire: Sounds like it was a good day.

Zap

I think theres a few out there. I really dont think to much about pic's when I am in the zone. This pignut was big and hard.(lol) Maguim darn sure won the day to day. Still have a beech looks like a 30 inch and another hickory in the 35+ range. We move a lot of weight today.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Zap

I think theres a few out there. I really dont think to much about pic's when I am in the zone. This pignut was big and hard.(lol) Maguim darn sure won the day to day. Still have a beech looks like a 30 inch and another hickory in the 35+ range. We move a lot of weight today.

Is the beech going for firewood?

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Zap

Is the beech going for firewood?

Zap

If its solid 10 ft will get milled, but its a monster. Should be 3 cords without trunk and the hickory will go 3-4 easy! Hatches where a big hit on the splitter crews!

Just an update from the Homeowner. "You Guys are Awesome" Feel free to use me as a reffrence anytime! Still have monster beech and hickroy, and a tulip in the side yard. Yes MMAUL THATS A TULIP NOT ASH! lol Turns out the Guitar makers like that stuff so your off the hook! Wood have been funny though. (bet you do not miss that id again) That wood have been a roll on the ground funny loading you up! Everyone loaded down with beech and hickory, you would have been able to pull a bigger load.....Too Funny.

Oh Chris when that 180 dyes I want it for my neckless.

i would have figured it out as soon as I started to cut it down. We on again for this Sunday?

MMaul said:
i would have figured it out as soon as I started to cut it down. We on again for this Sunday?

LOL Your right but thats the last one so to late at that point....Yes where on! I am going to mill one board out of that beech for my work bench. Chris is felling the tulip. Been watching you on those small ones your ready and this one is perfect starter tree to fell.

Status
Not open for further replies.