Circulator question for adding wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xscash2blo

Dec 20, 2007
southeast masachusetts
Need help...I added a wood stove(with built in water tank) to a forced hot water system...with a oil fired burner.....my issue is a little confusing though.....the wood stove is hooked up to the feed of the house with a taco circulator(lets call it #6) attached to an aquastat. Now, I have 5 more circulators with a 6 zone controller. How do I get the number 2 circulator(living room) to turn on when number 6 begins to circulate the hot water. Yes I did hard wire number 2 and 6 together and they both went on but then number 2 only answers to the aquastat on the woodstove but not to the thermostat in the living room. 5 circulators have thermostats and the woodstove has aquastat.

Summary I want to get #6 to turn on #2 when woodstove reaches temp but I also want number 2 to turn on oil boiler when thermostat calls for heat but I dont want #2 to turn #6 on and circulate water through woodstove when it is not running.

Do they make such a product that has macro switch... or am I not making any sense....or is there a simple wiring solution....ask me any questions .....you like...

Thankyou for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.