CL 6421 for sale at HD NE Philly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA

image.png
Down to $280​

Last edited:
That's a deal. Jumped on CL and that saw looks to have very low hours. It's the newer cat version, but with a little tuning and a muffler mod they are the best bang for the buck on the market.

I run 3 of the Dolkita 6401's and have been great saws.

I was thinking someone here might "need" this. If it were closer I'd have to check it out even though I don't need it. I was surprised that HD is listing them on CL, at my local store there's a waiting list, unofficially, the manager told me

The one's at our HD around here usually are pretty worn out and look nothing like that one when they get sold.

That looks like a new saw. Having owned several, I can tell you that the grey plastic on them gets stained, and there's some other telltale signs of age and use. That saw looks like it's hardly broke in.

If it was near me, I'd be in my truck already, and tonight I'd be doing a muffler mod on it, great saws for the money. They fit my hand better than any of my other saws too. Something about the ergonomics, and I like the big factory felling dogs. All saws should come with these.

I doubt it saw a lot of use due to the location, more city than rural. Not a lot of people on the outskirts of Philly probably burn or have use for a saw. I have a wedding to attend early this afternoon or I might be in my truck heading that way also. Unless that's a new bar the thing doesn't look used at all, I agree

I doubt it saw a lot of use due to the location, more city than rural. Not a lot of people on the outskirts of Philly probably burn or have use for a saw. I have a wedding to attend early this afternoon or I might be in my truck heading that way also. Unless that's a new bar the thing doesn't look used at all, I agree

I have to assume the bar is new. Even so, the rest of the saw absolutely shows very low hours. Combine this with the fact that everyone in the know realizes these are the best value pro saw on the market and made in Germany, makes that a slam dunk. Great find.

Reactions: D8Chumley
I was hoping someone here could jump on it. Like I said, if it were closer, and I didn't have to work today...

I have to assume the bar is new. Even so, the rest of the saw absolutely shows very low hours. Combine this with the fact that everyone in the know realizes these are the best value pro saw on the market and made in Germany, makes that a slam dunk. Great find.

Not just flying the flag, but they are a real pleasure to run and really cut well. Only the Pro Stihls, Husky, and Jonsered are comparable in this CC catagory, but for that money, you'd spend close to a grand for a comparable new Stihl.

Status
Not open for further replies.