CL ad to beat all CL ad's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy122

Jan 7, 2011
East NC
Fess up, I know it was some one from hearth.com!!!

Firewood removal (wood cutting) (Anywhere round here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-05-23, 4:29PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have some big trees on your property that you want to trick someone into cutting down?
Well, post it under FREE FIREWOOD and I'm the right moron for you!

Yes, I'll blindly click on that offer of "free firewood" and you know what, when I see that it means you want me to cut down your trash trees for you, I won't bat at eye!
Then, I'll happily take the trees, the brush and all the leaves and remove them from your property. What a deal! I've wasted an entire day cleaning your yard for you - but look what I get in return:
Some logs that may or may not be decent for firewood.
Wood that has to be chopped and then aged for at least a year before it's any good.
Plus a huge pile of useless brush and leaves, yes!!!
But hey, it's free firewood right? Right? Well, except for:
The fuel I burn driving out there and back, pulling a trailer full of wood so I'll really be burning it up.
The fuel spent for the chainsaw.
My time cutting it down.
Time to chop it, or the money to rent a splitter.
Plus, the storage space I'll need to wait until the wood is good for anything.
This sounds like a great deal, sign me up!

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/zip/2398383841.html

That dude has it right on! Most CL free firewood ads are just that. Somebody wanting somebody to clean up their property for a little rotten bone.

:lol: brilliant

That was Jay who put that ad in.

He forgot to say he had also paid for insurance in case anything should happen while I'm cleaning up your yard and trash trees. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.