CL add Magnolia, what's the good n bad of this stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
This would be for heating 1300 sq ft, that's a little drafty , would this be good size tor my needs ?
What's the good n bad of this model stove ?

What do ya think of this particular stove ?

Indoor wood stove - $350
Magnolia wood stove. Heats 1800-2400 sq ft home. Free standing cast iron. Glass door. Fresh coat of high gloss stove paint. Was used in my home 2 seasons. Has an external blower. $350.

3E63G43If5La5Nf5Ffd1e4097033b5dd21d55.jpg3G83Mf3J55Ic5N65G3d1ee4ab8d7002c61aad.jpg3Ke3Fa3Je5E65Fe5J6d1e97ca81972fd21808.jpg

The Mag should do the job if in good shape. But that paint job makes me suspicious. One is why did it need it and two that does not look like stove paint.

Agreed with BB. Another note...the only things cast on that stove is the door and maybe the legs. The body is plain ol steel.

But that paint job makes me suspicious. One is why did it need it and two that does not look like stove paint.

I was thinking the exact same thing, called but didn't get a hold of anyone yet ,to ask more questions.
Is there even ! high gloss stove paint available ;?

May be but I ain't ever seen it. I get a mental image of a break-in fire in the living room and a whole can of Rustoleum on the stove catches fire. !!!

That paint job don't look right.....

But the stove if it is in good working condition is a great stove it throws some massive heat with good dry fuel. I can get 8 hours burn time and it hold coals a long time.

I did find another Magnolia also , bad thing is, both are like 70 to 80 miles away,in opposite directions, to go look at .
What do ya think about this one ?

Wood Burning Stove - $400
US Stove "Magnolia" model 2015 wood burning stove with blower. Bought new in 2008 for $850 and used for only 1 winter season by previous home owner and has been strored indoors since.
Includes original manuals and bill of sale from Tractor Supply Company in TC.
Features include: heats up to 1800 to 2000 sq ft, easy to access ash dump, 3.1 cubic ft. firebox, accepts up to 19 1/2 in logs, arched door with keystone.
Dimensions: overall: 28 1/4 X 25 3/8 X 33 (L X W X H) Weighs 342 lbs.
Avaiable for pick up from downtown ********* City, or potential for delivery in the area can be discussed.

3E93Ld3Fa5Ie5G65F3d1d04be3e5a397e1c52.jpg3K53Ib3N75I65Ea5Kdd1dd39b7420acd21e03.jpg3Mb3I73Je5G75Kf5Fad1df91f10b249f815cb.jpg

That paint job don't look right.....

But the stove if it is in good working condition is a great stove it throws some massive heat with good dry fuel. I can get 8 hours burn time and it hold coals a long time.

Great I know who to go to for questions, if I get one :)

Reactions: corey21
go to tractor supply if you have one close. they sell the us stove 2000 which is the same thing as the magnolia with a pedestal base instead of the legs. it is $499 on their site right now and they may also have a sale. it is not much more than what these used stoves are and will be brand new. it says it will heat 200 sf. i have the big brother to the 2000 which is the 2500. it does a great job and puts off a lot of heat. there is a learning curve, but once you get it you should not have any issues. i am with the others, the paint job on the one does not look right.

I did find another Magnolia also , bad thing is, both are like 70 to 80 miles away,in opposite directions, to go look at .
What do ya think about this one ?

Wood Burning Stove - $400
US Stove "Magnolia" model 2015 wood burning stove with blower. Bought new in 2008 for $850 and used for only 1 winter season by previous home owner and has been strored indoors since.
Includes original manuals and bill of sale from Tractor Supply Company in TC.
Features include: heats up to 1800 to 2000 sq ft, easy to access ash dump, 3.1 cubic ft. firebox, accepts up to 19 1/2 in logs, arched door with keystone.
Dimensions: overall: 28 1/4 X 25 3/8 X 33 (L X W X H) Weighs 342 lbs.
Avaiable for pick up from downtown ********* City, or potential for delivery in the area can be discussed.

View attachment 91058View attachment 91059View attachment 91060
Well if the inside is in good shape it would do. That is a long drive to take a chance that the baffle could be messed up or something else.

I sold mine for 400.00 but it looked as good as new. Front face of stove was not flat and door had trouble sealing especially when it was up to operating temp. Not sure if that is common on that model or not but I would certainly check the front of the stove flatness on any used purchase.

Family members have the 5-10 year old Magnolia. Not sure if this is the same vintage: non-insulated solid steel welded in baffle which means you can't clean the flue from inside the stove and warms up a bit slow , moderate to poor firebox air flow so it it slow to restart from coals and creates quite a bit of coals, very poor dynamic range of intake air, when going will create quite a bit of heat, very solid with no failure in any of them. Likely to be replaced with better stoves in 2 of the 4 installations (and then sold on CL).

I sold mine for 400.00 but it looked as good as new. Front face of stove was not flat and door had trouble sealing especially when it was up to operating temp. Not sure if that is common on that model or not but I would certainly check the front of the stove flatness on any used purchase.
Mine is flat.
Family members have the 5-10 year old Magnolia. Not sure if this is the same vintage: non-insulated solid steel welded in baffle which means you can't clean the flue from inside the stove and warms up a bit slow , moderate to poor firebox air flow so it it slow to restart from coals and creates quite a bit of coals, very poor dynamic range of intake air, when going will create quite a bit of heat, very solid with no failure in any of them. Likely to be replaced with better stoves in 2 of the 4 installations (and then sold on CL).
Yeah it is a little slow starting. Sounds like chimney draft about the bad air flow mine can runaway easy on me if i am not watchful.

Judging by my own experiences with the Mag and what I read here, many or most have trouble with excessive coaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.