CL alert!....Better hook up the trailer for this one!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here they'd be asking for $20 at least....

Glad that they clarified that it "is from a tree that was cut down".... afterall it is rather hard to tell from the pictures eh?

We get this kind of nonsense all the time in the DC area. Why not just provide the address? Do you really want to deal with all the turkeys who want to play email and voice mail tag with you? I mean, it's already at the curb! Savvy ones advertise "at the curb, here's the address, leave me alone...oh and by the way, it's a trifling amount of wood."

Some people will not willingly give up control of anything...My best one is when I went to pick up a "truckload" of wood the lady asked if I could hang her clothsline...then clean out the downspout that was clogged...hey its an older lady so ok...then she wanted me to do a laundry list and I looked at the wood and it would barely fill the bed of my ranger...I politely sd no, I am just here for the free wood...when she wanted something else done for the wood I said I will meet you around the house with the ladder, when she walked away I drove away...

I just sent a question.

"Would you be willing to ship it to the Washington, D.C. area? Cheapest way, of course."

BrotherBart said:
I just sent a question.

"Would you be willing to ship it to the Washington, D.C. area? Cheapest way, of course."

Oh - I'd love to see the response if you get one.

Slow1 said:
BrotherBart said:
I just sent a question.

Oh - I'd love to see the response if you get one.

Here it is:

"Lol, this is the lamest excuse for a scam I have ever seen!! Others spend time makeing a sad story, u just say it!! Lol"

Reply with link to this thread? ha!

If I send another note it would be explaining that I am a Nigerian prince who needs to get money out of the country by buying firewood.

BrotherBart said:
If I send another note it would be explaining that I am a Nigerian prince who needs to get money out of the country by buying firewood.

You got balls bb!! :)
I always like the nigerian prince scams....pretty amusing to read

ilikewood said:
BrotherBart said:

You got balls bb!! :)
I always like the nigerian prince scams....pretty amusing to read

What do you mean....a scam?? You trying to tell me that I'm not getting the $47 mill just for giving this guy my bank acct #?
Are ALL the Nigerian Princes scam artists? I've gotten emails from 6, but only gave my info to 4.

Delta-T said:
What do you mean....a scam?? You trying to tell me that I'm not getting the $47 mill just for giving this guy my bank acct #?
Are ALL the Nigerian Princes scam artists? I've gotten emails from 6, but only gave my info to 4.

If the Nigerians ever wise up and start offering true full cords of two year seasoned hardwood people will start sending them money by the truckload.

Status
Not open for further replies.