CL firewood for sale, PA/NY ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAY_PA

Feeling the Heat
May 13, 2008
Northeastern PA
Saw this on CL and thought I would pass it along. I have no idea of who the poster is. But if its legit, its a heck of a deal...
Fire Wood For Sale - $50 (Little Genesee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-08-11, 10:35AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seasoned hard wood cut and split for 50.00 a cord pick up or 60.00 cut split and delivered. Cherry, Maple, Ash and Oak. Nice seasoned wood. If you would like it delivered you must take 5 cords.

WOW....I never buy firewood, but I would JUMP all over that deal....even if it were green. 5 cords for $250-$300? Sweeeeeet! :)

Cord sounds like a "face" cord. He would need an awful big truck to require a 5 cord minimum delivery...that's about 25 yards if it is stacked in (like a full tri-axle).

Agree with lukem, ad states a "cord" but at that price I would be almost willing to give odds that it is a face "cord". If not I would be all over that as well. Hell, I would pay the extra to have it delivered.

Shawn

I would definitely contact him and get his definition of a cord. Bet it ain't no dictionary cord.

Kenster said:
I would definitely contact him and get his definition of a cord. Bet it ain't no dictionary cord.

I love that term! :p Its ridiculous that it even needs to be said.

wood-fan-atic said:
Its ridiculous that it even needs to be said.

lol, equally ridiculous that anyone would sell a cord for $50 even if it is pickup. No one sells cords here.

SolarAndWood said:
wood-fan-atic said:
Its ridiculous that it even needs to be said.

lol, equally ridiculous that anyone would sell a cord for $50 even if it is pickup. No one sells cords here.

Yes, they do. And, tons, cubic meters, cubic feet. Ad nauseam. (Logs are not marked as to quantity/units.)

Maybe their "yardsticks" are short, with them being hung up on this "face" poo.

SolarAndWood said:

Michigan is much like NY, all that's sold around here are "face cords". It continues to amaze me how everyone around here gets their undies in a bunch over the term "face cord". Around here a "face cord" is 4'x8'x16"-18", that's good enough for me, I'll buy three and call it a cord. :) I always talk in cords since I frequent this site but when I talk to neighbors and such about wood consumption I have to make sure I say "face cords" so we're on the same page. :lol:

Yeah I never could figure out why folks here get all excited about face cords. If ya know the measurement of what you are buying, what difference does it make? I don't get excited if the store sells quarts of milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.