CL GEM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like someone with some British or possibly Canadian heritage based on the language . . . and fact that they apparently do not like German tech based on the Stihl comments.

Funny post . . . I liked the part about the hot muffler's warning sticker to keep your wee willy on the muffler.

<>

Yeah that would be mine.;em Can't say I wrote it - just copied from another ad I saw from Australia or New Zealand.

I'll add a Hearth.com shoutout.

Reactions: HittinSteel
I thought that picture/saw looked familiar.......

Um, now I know you were being facetious in that post but I'm pretty sure Homelite is building their product in China these days?

And what the h - e - double hockey sticks is with all the Stihl bashing? ;lol

I wouldn't buy it even if I wanted it.

Reactions: BrotherBart
I pictured this guy when reading it:

images.jpg

Sorry guys looks like it's sold. I got a guy coming over on Sunday and if he doesn't take it another guy will come over on Monday.

I wouldn't buy it even if I wanted it.
It's all in good fun and the ad had the desired effect of weeding out tire kickers. Anyone that would respond to that ad is a serious buyer.

And what the h - e - double hockey sticks is with all the Stihl bashing?
I buy any thing I can get a good deal on. With saws I'll buy anything and try to sell them for 3x-10x what I have into them. I've listed every saw I've bought and found that people will jump over themselves to pay top dollar for Huskies and spend more in gas than a homelite or poulan is worth. Stihls are hard sell around here. If you can't beat em, join'em.

This will probably get me kicked out of here, but what the heck:
Personally, I'd rather our forums weren't associated with that particular ad. JMHO Rick

Why? Are you uncomfortable with the word willie. Or do you have a collection of mopeds?

Edit
I can't believe my post was automatically edited to say "willie" instead of the anatomically correct word. It's not like I say 'wee willie' when I tell my two year old where to point it while potty training. Grown adults can't handle it but toddlers can?

Personally, I'd rather our forums weren't associated with that particular ad. JMHO Rick

Gee, I thought it funny and creative. I was going to respond to the add just to make sure the person knew about hearth.com, seemed like kind of person who who could contribute, looks like I was right!

So the ad was flagged for removal. Anyone here have something to do with that?

Not me. I don't care what happens on CL. I care what happens on Hearth.com.

Here is a nice little limbing saw. Sthil 650 with 32" bar. $800.

http://frederick.craigslist.org/grd/3760951118.html

This saw was only used to cut about 10 or 12 storm downed trees and is in new condition. It sat in the barn for a few years and I just had it tuned up at a Stihl dealer. It's the adjustable carb. type. The price for this saw is firm.

3F93I93Ne5Lc5N45G1d4n5375f5841e2e155a.jpg

Well I didn't sell the beast :( I sold the guy the beasts big brother (45 cc/20" Homelite) Sorry no pics but imagine the beast but with the number 45 on the recoil and 20" on the bar.

I didn't save the number for the second guy because I knew the first guy was serious -- drove 40 miles one way!!

So I put the saw back up on CL with a normal (non offensive description) and have had not one email all day. Might have to go back to insulting Stihl.

Status
Not open for further replies.