CL Laugh of the Day-The Gear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here's an aberration...Poulan is spelled correctly. But, alas, Thing didn't make it from the garage to the computer room.

Clipboard01.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
I don't even know where to start on this ad...what the heck does he think it is spelled wrong on the saw, the indictment of our educational systems continues from there!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-home-outdoor...ts/1054310301?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Wanted: I NEED A JOHNSON RED 2041 CHAINSAW

• $_35.JPG

View larger image

• $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
  • $_14.JPG
Date Listed28-Feb-15
Price
Please Contact
AddressSudbury, ON
View map
For Sale ByOwner
I am looking for blowing up Johnson chainsaws
Would like it to be a 2041 model don't care if it's blowing up our broken just need it for parts or if you know of any other models that will fit parts from there for a 2041 looking for a cover carburetor breeder in the screws to hold the covers in willing to pay cash money
Willing to pick up

Maybe his iPhone spell checker got him. How else would he have come up with "carburetor breeder"?

Reactions: KodiakII
I thought that also, but my thinking was he could have checked it himself before he posted it. Funny nevertheless :)

Reactions: KodiakII
I thought that also, but my thinking was he could have checked it himself before he posted it. Funny nevertheless :)

That is what it thought, but I can't believe he wouldn't check it before hitting the post button. The gene pools don't run very deep in that part of the province though...so who knows!:);)

I didn't know where else to post this.

There is an ad on Seattle CL for a "Johns Big Red Saw. I think he means a Jonesred? Its an 80cc saw, he posted a video for it and it sounds good, but it sure looks old. He is asking $300.00. Might be a fair deal if parts are still available.

I wonder if you could substitute a pike or bream?

Clipboard01.jpg

Quite a bargain for a non running saw lol

He tried to tuna the carp but it floundered and eel perch it in your hands for chub change.

I ofttentimes wonder if people take the time to read the ad they are going to post???

Quite a bargain for a non running saw lol
And a brand no one has heard of....might be one of those Chinese copies of an old Japanese design (Zenoah?) that Northern Tool sold for 1-2 years before they said "Hey! We can't sell this crap!"

Problem with NT is they did sell that c... - image suffered due to it. Not to worry though you can still waste money on these at the big box stores - buy the extended warranty and get a new one every other week. Won't even need special oils - just used crankcase oil.

I have to confess, in a moment of desperation I bought a Tanaka top handle arborists saw, it was real cheap and it's a great saw. Sometimes cheap is actually good. Not too often though.

Those are a tank. When I was a kid, the guy next door had one, basically a lawnmower engine with a cutter bar. Heavy, very heavy and cumbersome. Collectible, sure is. Usefull, probably not (unless you want a hernia)...lol

Reminds me of the old snowmobiles with the Kohler 4 stroke engines. The carb sat right between your legs and if you took off the air cleaner (for more power) and it spit back, it BBQ'd your gonads.... Those were the days.

Reactions: Ashful
Made for back in the day when young men didn't play with I-pods and have cell phones....lol Nice collectillible though.

I ofttentimes wonder if people take the time to read the ad they are going to post???

And if so, do any of them ever ask themselves, "If I were looking to buy one of these and wanted to know I was buying from somebody trustworthy, would I respond to an ad written like this?"

You guys have me reading CL ads for entertainment now. My wife is beginning to think my retirement isn't all that good....