CL: Living Free in NH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

branchburner

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
southern NH
I saw that, and I actually live in Bow, Debating if its worth it. kinda is since its cut and stacked up. maybe ill get a few loads...

Debating if its worth it.

The debate would be easier if you added a 22-ton splitter to your sig (as I hope to in the next few weeks). When I get softwood rounds that big, I usually let them sit a few years til I get out the maul, then burn a year after split. Less sappy and less resistant to splitting with age.

Yeah im jumping on it, its basically inbetween work and my house, pretty much drive by it on my commute. free is for me.

If its too hard to hand split I may have to rent a hydraulic splitter for a day. I have a huge pile of un-splittables that I could use a splitter for as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.