CL MS 362 deal in Northern Virginia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Village Idiot

Burning Hunk
Sep 10, 2011
No. Va.
This saw looks like a god deal, but I don't really need it. Someone here in No. Va may be interested. <http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/grd/2813662179.html>

My buddy has been looking for a saw for a while so I pointed out this add on CL to him. He checked it out last night and said that it was really nice and it ran like a dream. The description doesn't say it, but it has a 20" bar. The seller said that he was moving and was trying to reduce the amount of gear he has to ship. (Some out there with the chainsaw collecting disease may consider this guy shady on this point alone.)

When I asked him why he didn't get the saw, he said it was not much different that my MS 261 and he would rather borrow it. <sigh> Oh well, that is fine since all I have to do is let him know that I am going to be cutting, splitting, or stacking, and he is there to help. Plus he has proven himself by taking very good care of things that he has borrowed.

Way too tempting. Just up the road from where I live. But the last thing I need right now is another dang chainsaw. :shut:

Great deal on a great saw.

CAUTION: The phone number listed belongs to DAVEY. It could have some tree service abuse. Maybe it's a "tweener" saw for them--too heavy for up in the bucket, and too small for the ground.

TreePointer said:
CAUTION: The phone number listed belongs to DAVEY. It could have some tree service abuse. Maybe it's a "tweener" saw for them--too heavy for up in the bucket, and too small for the ground.

I was talking to my buddy last night and he said the sell was an arborist that contracted with the National Park Service. He said the saw was presented as a "twiner" (new term to me). In particular, the saw was purchased and used for cutting down the National Christmas Tree in the fall. Wonder if that puts the saw in to "collectors item" status? %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.