CL - oak & maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
i stumbled across an add today, 2 trees taken down about 3 miles from my house. an oak and a maple both were apparently 50 - 70 feet tall. the trees are down and bucked, all i have to do is make a bunch of trips ( with my small nissan frontier and trailer ). could someone estimate how much wood would come from trees that size..

Congrats on the find.

I say get it all first then do the math before you lose it. I had chances like these and by the time I get there I barely have any to take. So, if you even have the time now to get one load you should if you really need it.

I don't know how much split wood that would bring you but someone more experienced may tell you soon.

thanks...i also have come across CL adds and when i show up at 8am the next morning it was all gone...... i recently posted about someone in town clearing the front yard of about 8 trees... when i showed up the morning of at about 9am there was trucks lined up and down the street, .. one guy even had his splitter , as they would buck up the tree.. he was splitting. So lesson learned i will show up tommorrow..hopefully get a couple loads before its gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.