CL post ...split maple logs and take half!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/zip/3087356789.html

What would be the deal if someone was to split all the wood in the attached? I would say more than half would be fair for doing all the work.

i dunno....from this vantage point the wood looks pretty well seasoned (or rotted?) and for the right person it could be just the deal. if you lived close by and could zoom over there....what...maybe a pick up load? i would consider it if it were nearby. plus, it might help somebody out.

my .02

OT

Yeah, that seems like an OK deal to me. All you have to do is drive up, swing a maul a few times, and drive away with a load of firewood. Compare that to the usual work it takes to fell a tree, limb it, cut half of it into rounds, get your saw stuck them work to free it, hit a rock then sharpen the saw, run out of time, come back later...

Reactions: Realstone
Hard maple yes, soft maple probably not.

I missed the ad but I did answer a two for me one for him ad once and it turned out he only wanted about a half cord for himself and told me to take what I wanted. I ended up with about 1 1/2 cords and left behind at least another two or more. I just didn't have room for any more and I actually gave the last load to a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.