CL SCORE : Did a little work for 2016/2017

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Best Craigslist score to date. 3 White oaks down, and 2 Popular trees down. Nice couple to boot...They both helped me load up. Love it when that happens. So I turned this

into this...

Then into this... 2 rows deep of new stuff today

Best part is there is still another load and a half to go back and get.

This is some HEAVY stuff.. My back is screaming at me tonight.

Very nice! I'm still working on 2015/2016 at this point... but I suppose it's ok since I just moved here and closed on my place in Feb of this year.

Very nice! I'm still working on 2015/2016 at this point... but I suppose it's ok since I just moved here and closed on my place in Feb of this year.

Congrats on the new place.. we just moved here in October last year, but I've been after it like a mad man!

Well I think my identification skills need work.. looks like that's sweet gum.. Not oak... :(

I was going to say that it doesn't look like white oak. Do you have a splitter? Cannot imagine doing all that by hand. Sweet gum isn't fun.

The worst part is its very heavy green but dries light - meaning it has few btus. It's the one wood I will not take off cl.

Nice trailer by the way.

That's a bummer...

Reactions: RockyFordOak78
I was going to say that it doesn't look like white oak. Do you have a splitter? Cannot imagine doing all that by hand. Sweet gum isn't fun.

The worst part is its very heavy green but dries light - meaning it has few btus. It's the one wood I will not take off cl.

Nice trailer by the way.

Thanks.. I was just happy to score a lot of free wood at once.... Oh well lesson learned on the bark b/t White oak and Sweet gum... I do have a 22 Ton to help take care of it... I am not too concerned about getting it split.

Status
Not open for further replies.