CL Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blades

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2008
WI, Leroy
3 truck loads (6.5box ) Black Locust locust score 001.jpglocust score 002.jpglocust score 001.jpglocust score 002.jpglocust score 003.jpg

nice!

Last load on truck yet. Could only get six pieces in truck at a time, too heavy to try and lift over each other,. Biggest one is close to 30" across about 18" thick cooky from there the cookies taper down to about 14" across like the one standing in the picture. Noodle time to get some of them on the splitter

Awesome score! I'm working on a Honey Locust right now, 36". Tree was 60 yrs. old. Heavy rounds! Noodling some tonight and using the Fiskars to slab them down some. :)

Serious BTUs there
Very nice score!

Hope you had a ramp to load it ;)

Nice score!

Excellent! :cool:
Is BL pretty common up there? I see that So. WI is well out of its natural range...
I spent my first thirty years there but wasn't a wood nut yet at that point. ;lol

Gonna love the black locust! Be careful and don't over fire with it; it gets real hot!

Excellent! :cool:
Is BL pretty common up there? I see that So. WI is well out of its natural range...
I spent my first thirty years there but wasn't a wood nut yet at that point. ;lol
I think a lot of the locusts were ornamental plantings, This one was for sure as I remember when they built the apt complex, the whole place was bulldozed flat. Kinda gives my age away, snicker, and no I am not going to take a close up picture so you can count the rings in the cookies or under my eyes.

Reactions: ScotO
BL is good stuff. Kinda like the Osage Orange or Hedge of the East

Status
Not open for further replies.