CL splitter find

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cre73

Sep 2, 2008
Central Illinois
A friend and I have been looking for a splitter to go in on and were ready to head to Tractor Supply and purchase the Husky 22ton for 1000.00. Yesterday a 26ton MTD came up on CL for 650.00 and stated it was like new and only had split one truck load of wood. After speaking with the gentleman I decided to sneak out of work early, grab a couple knarly peices of oak and hickory and go have a look. Well I came home very happy. Here are some pics. Anyone else have one anything to watch for?

Attachments

• DSCF1579.JPG
    DSCF1579.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 283
You did better than I did. I bought a Huskee 22, one year old, on CL for 700. I thought that was a pretty good price. So far, it's been great.

I have the same one.

Watch the fluid level. If you split a gas tank worth none stop in 80* temp, the fluid gets too hot, expands, and comes out the overflow hole at the fill plug.

Now I need to add a 1/2 quart before I use it again :(

I think it holds more than 3 gallons so a half quart is nothing. If it is sitting on level ground and overflows when hot, there is more than enough oil and no more needs to be added. If you are operating it on a slant with the tank vent on low side, put something under that tire to raise it.

Hurricane said:
Great score !

Yep awesome score
I have been looking all over for one but man it is ever hard to find a nice one for around 600-700. I just can't spend the 1,000 right now so tomorrow I am renting one to give me more time to look for a nice score (like you did)
BRAVO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.