CL - Vogelzang - Get it while it's it HOT!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, the stove now looks a little white in the back and sides!

Used it, abused it and I'll sacrifice it for $25 off. This fellow ought to go into politics.

It could be the part of the paint that got cured and the light hitting it at the right direction. I had the same thing happen on my nap insert and if you look at my pics, the flash made the top look white. I know in person it is black. I did get it up to 700 but hardly an overfire moment for this stove. I don't think the guy is lying or he abused it, but I do think he should come down in price.

Nope, that is not the light. The stove has been overfired. I suspect the owner put it on craigslist as soon as he got through changing his underwear.

since were on the subject, since it has been over fired does that mean you cant burn in it anymore?? and i jus seen this same stove last night on northerntool for 299, jus to let ya'll know :)

BeGreen said:
Nope, that is not the light. The stove has been overfired. I suspect the owner put it on craigslist as soon as he got through changing his underwear.

I bet if he gives it a good rub with a wet towl, it woud look better. He probably went too high too fast for his first fire and thats why the paint is a little extra burnt. Then again, I like your theory. :) Anyway, the same thing happened to me this week with this new Nap. I went too high with the second fire ( damn drunk friend ), but didn't overfire. Anyway, I rubbed it down with a wet papertowel and it looks fine.

I ran this ad through an HMD...(Hidden Meaning Detector)...Interesting results...

"VOGELZANG DELUXE BOXWOOD STOVE" "If this is deluxe, I'd really HATE to try standard"
"this high quality woodburning stove" "Never high quality but better quality before I lit a fire in it"
"I bought it for $275 new" "Man, that's almost halfway to an Englander 13-NC on clearance"
"I used it once in my little barn" "and decided I like my little barn"
"it gave off way too much heat for such a small space" "Never considered smaller splits, smaller load and couldn't decrease air enough"
"Would Be PERFECT FOR A LARGER SPACE" "Hmmm, maybe the glacier on Mount Hood, Oregon?"
"100 % CAST IRON FOR MAXIMUM HEAT RADIATION" "I sweated out 10 pounds of water when it was an overfiring runaway"

Prior to any knowledge of woodstoves, I bought a Vogelzang Boxwood. After assembly (bolt on legs), I think "Woah...this is gonna hold a fire in my house????" My gut was saying "Run, Run, Run". And THEN I started reading on hearth.com and found answers for my gut feeling. The boxwood was never installed. The moral of the story here is Read, Read, Read, then Buy.

I'd give him $50 for it, paint it up and sell it for $125...if I lived close buy and didn't work at a fireplace shop that would consider that a conflict of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.