Clamps for Pex tubing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thechap

Jan 20, 2008
South Eastern Pennsylvania
Are there any other types of clamps I can use other than the ones sold for Pex tubing? What I mean is I am looking for the hose clamp types, not the ones where I would have to buy a clamp tool and only use it on my install. Any help would be appreciated!! Also I need an inline strainer for the water to water heat exchanger. Any ideas of where to get this?

Bryan

You can get compression fittings for pex that you dont need any special tools for. You can also get sharks bite fittings and they also require no tools.

Rob

I would have to buy a clamp tool

Bryan, I remember HD had a deal where if you buy the crimp tool and keep the box that they would accept it for a return when you are finished with it.Don't know if they still do it. I bought mine and use it every time I need it.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.